Community Currency monetary design
How to run the PoC Community Currency
Transactions: anybody with an ETH account may transfer
currency to anybody with an ETH account. Commoners and invitees
can trade in the free market with the currency.
P2P credit: only Commoners can endorse P2P credit to
other Commoners of the same Community. They put as guarantee a
number of Units of Trust of their Reputation. New money is
created for the credit. At the end of the credit money is
retrieved from the borrower and destroyed. Successful credits
reward the endorser Reputation with additional Units of Trust.
Failed credits penalize the endorser Reputation.
Commoners: Commoners can provide public services for
the Community, and be paid for it by the Commune. Commoners can
crowd-fund the expenses of the Commune.
Community: there is a rolling budget for the Commons
activities. The budget and the associated administrative tasks
for the Commons is managed by the Commune. The currency
parameters are managed by the Treasury.
- More information at the wiki https://github.com/segovro/Community-Currency/wiki
How to play with the PoC Community Currency
- Download the following release of the MIST Ethereum browser
corresponding to your OS at https://github.com/ethereum/mist/releases/tag/0.3.6
- Run Mist Browser
- Within Mist, browse to the DAPP at http://communitycurrency.website/index.html
- Be aware, its an experimental Mist browser, so that the HTML
design of the DAPP has been limited to the minimum usage of css
How to create a Community Currency for your own community
- Ask the Commune (email@example.com)
to be accepted as member. Provide your ETH account.
- Go to the commonersList.html page where you have a list of
other peer commoners ETH accounts.
- Send them transactions.
- Endorse some credits to peers.
- Claim public service hours.
- Contribute to the Commons with some crowd-funding.
- Ask for a credit to a peer you know the email (in the future,
Follow the blockchain and view the contract and the JSON ABI
- Download the source files from https://github.com/segovro/Community-Currency
- Edit contract.sol and adapt it to your needs, change
community name, currency name and symbol, currency parameters,
- Edit the HTML pages and adapt them to the new functions and
your own corporate image.
- Submit the new contract with the Ethereum-Wallet or with
- Upload your DAPP to a public webspace.
- Blockchain transactions at https://live.ether.camp/account/d870e20d6b2ad29a3a68f6a3ddd27d6a79bd61a2
- JSON at
- Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org